John Ayala Luyinda has urged his charges to end the winless streak when we host Maroons on Friday at Kabaka Kyabaggu stadium.
The Purple Sharks in the last three with two draws and a loss in between and dropped to 5th position on the log after the previous match day.
Coach Ayala wants a reaction from the boys: “It’s a couple of games since we last tasted victory and I must admit there is pressure to win again,” he told the club media.
“In the last games, we haven’t created many goal scoring chances which hurt us and the intensity of how we must play went a little low but it’s time we get back on track.”
The gaffer also has nothing but respect for Maroons but remains confident of victory.
“We face a good side in Maroons but we are motivated by the need to bounce back and need to win for our wins as the last two games at home haven’t gone to plan.”
The trio at Afcon U-20 championship still remains out and so is Moses Aliro who returned to training this week but not fit enough to feature.
The rest of the squad is available and the onus will be on the coach to select the team to represent us.
Besides long term absentees Sula Mpanga and David Ndihabwe, the rest of the squad is available for Coach Muhammad Senfuma to make his choices.
Head to Head
In the previous three meetings, we boost of a better head to head with a win and two stalemates.
Friday 03rd March 2023.
· Wakiso Giants FC Vs Maroons FC, Kabaka Kyabaggu Stadium-Wakiso (4:00pm) Live on Sanyuka Prime TV
· Soltilo Bright Stars FC Vs Blacks Power FC, Kavumba Recreation Grounds-Wakiso (4:00pm)
· Busoga United FC Vs UPDF FC, FUFA Technical Centre-Njeru (4:00 pm).
· Onduparaka FC Vs Gaddafi FC, Green Light Stadium-Arua (2:00pm) Live on FUFA TV, Sanyuka Prime TV&NBS Sport.
· BUL FC Vs URA FC, FUFA Technical Centre-Njeru (4:00 pm)
Sunday 05th March 2023.
· Express FC Vs SC Villa, Muteesa II Stadium-Wankulukuku (4:00pm) Live on Sanyuka Prime TV.